The Athletic Trainer (ATC) position provides and facilitates injury prevention, basic acute care, effective rehabilitative care and performance enhancement.
The contractor ATC functions across the spectrum of the HPP and may perform duties within the Performance or Rehabilitation domains.
The contractor ATC shall perform the following responsibilities:
- Provides HPP services for Tactical Athletes within the ATC’s scope of practice as defined by the National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA).
- Designs and fabricates protective pads, equipment and braces to help prevent and treat injuries, including the use of taping techniques within the ATC’s scope of practice.
- Provides instruction and guidance to help prevent injuries and maximize Tactical Athlete physical conditioning and performance.
- Participates in periodic meetings to review the care provided to patients and identifies opportunities for improvement. Should a meeting occur outside of regular working hours, the ATC is responsible for reviewing the information disseminated in the meeting.
- Serves as an advisor to the HPP Manager in matters related to injury prevention, sports medicine, and rehabilitation.
- Serves as an advisor to the HPP managers for administrative matters, purchasing of supplies and equipment, and supplemental fiscal requests.
- Collaborates throughout the HPP to enhance the quality of patient care delivered.
- Conducts equipment, product, and literature reviews to ensure the HPP stays current with the provision of care.
- Provides input for the development and utilization of the HPP database.
- Participates in quarterly peer (record) reviews for non-privileged health-care providers.
- Participates in the collection and reporting of workload data as requested by the HPP and HP Managers.
- Assists the HPP managers in developing and updating criteria-based job descriptions and performance standards.
- Assists the HPP manager in developing and maintaining clinical practice guidelines to ensure consistency of care across all HPP facilities.
- Assists with the preparation of short and long-term fiscal plans. Submits input to the HPP managers.
- Develops and promulgates training opportunities for the HPP Staff to enhance career development, potential for advancement and to further professional expertise.
- Ensures safe and effective operation of equipment used for patient care and contributes to a safe working environment.
- Attends annual required training in accordance with guiding instructions. Commands will allow for attendance at necessary conferences or courses to complete continuing education units required to maintain certification.
Performs clinical and administrative tasks as assigned by the HPP managers.