The primary responsibility of the contractor is to establish and administer effective strength and conditioning protocols designed to maximize the physical performance of military personnel.
The contractor Strength and Conditioning Specialist shall perform the following responsibilities:
- Designs, administers and evaluates the effects of physical training protocols under the supervision of the HPP Manager.
- Coordinates individualized exercise programs with the HPP staff to ensure a safe and expeditious return to training of Tactical Athletes recovering from injury.
- Designs and implements physical training programs for personnel who are TAD or deployed.
- Provides instruction and guidance to Tactical Athletes on physical conditioning and injury prevention.
- Refers all personnel under his purview with an apparent new or undiagnosed medical condition to a medical provider for evaluation and treatment.
- Assists the HPP manager in developing facility standard operating procedures, guidelines, and exercise protocols including the safe use of strength and conditioning equipment.
- Participates in periodic meetings to review and evaluate physical training programs and identifies opportunities for improvement. If a meeting occurs outside of regular working hours, the SCS is responsible for reviewing the information disseminated in the meeting.
- Participates in periodic in-service training for members of the HPP staff. Attends required training in accordance with guiding instructions. Commands will allow attendance at the necessary conferences or courses to complete the continuing education units required to maintain professional certifications.
- Performs administrative duties such as maintaining records of workload, conducting or participating in education programs, and participating in clinical staff quality assurance functions.
- Assists with supply inventories for the HPP. Provides input regarding supply needs.
- Participates in meetings with other HPP staff members.
- Ensures that equipment and facilities are properly organized and utilized, and are in safe working condition.
Performs other tasks, within the scope of the SCS position description, as assigned by the HPP manager.